The Council is seeking community input into the development of the Council Plan 2017-2021.
The Council Plan is the strategic document that puts forward a vision of how the Council will respond to the opportunities and challenges facing Benalla Rural City over the next four years. It guides the strategic direction and work of the Council. Over a series of open house sessions across the Rural City, the Council is asking for feedback from the community.
“The sessions provide the opportunity for those who live, work, or are connected to the Rural City to have direct input into the development of the Council’s priorities over the next four years,” said Mayor, Cr Don Firth.
The consultative open house sessions explore issues including what the Council can do over the next four years to build on our achievements and strengths, identify key challenges and issues, and consider where our resources might be targeted.
“The open house sessions encourage people to walk in, browse information about the Council, and contribute their thoughts and opinions. I encourage you to come to a session that is convenient for you to have your say,” said Cr Firth.
Open house sessions:
· Tuesday 21 March, 10am-12pm, Benalla Town Hall
· Tuesday 21 March, 7pm-9pm, Baddaginnie Jubilee Hall
· Thursday 23 March, 4pm-6pm, Benalla Town Hall
· Monday 27 March, 7pm-9pm, CWA Hall, Bridge Street, Benalla
· Tuesday 28 March, 7pm-9pm, Swanpool and District Memorial Hall
· Saturday 1 April, 10am-12pm, CWA Hall, Bridge Street, Benalla
· Monday 3 April, 7pm-9pm, Molyullah Memorial Hall
· Tuesday 4 April, 7pm-9pm, Thoona Memorial Hall.
Many community members have participated in the development of the Benalla Rural City Community Plan 2016-2036 and other key documents. Information gained through previous community consultation will form the basis for background material displayed at the open house sessions.
For further information about the sessions, please contact the Council’s Customer Service team on 03 5760 2600.